tenhou

tenhou
tenhou

Thursday, February 10, 2011

1 dan, near R1800, and some reflections

Hi,

Reached shodan today on tenhou main server... with a rating of 1786.

Some tough luck getting there. Took me about 5 games to get the last 30 points I needed. There was one particularly frustrating game.

First round, I play into a "NoName" player's mangan. Next hand, that NoName player leaves play (he is to my right). The other two players call like crazy off of him, speed up the game, and win 1-2 fan hands like crazy.

I barely made it into 3rd place... the game was too close, and went into Overtime into the South round...

Although I made a slight comeback, my riichi played into a East ron in the final hand and lost.

It is rather unfortunate that one's rating and stats on Tenhou are affected by games where NoName players (or any players) leave early and play dead hands for the rest of the Hanchan.

No really notable hands. I believe I have improved greatly from studying games I just played (and lost) and looking at how I played into other people's hands, and what I should have been looking for. It also helps to look at your old hands from the standpoint of tile efficiency and probability of draws.

Hopefully I will have a more substantive post sometime this weekend. This is a nice landmark to make a post about though!

Good luck,
Tyche

No comments:

Post a Comment